Many people wish to take on a garage organization project, but don’t know where to start. While this project can be a lot of work, requires many hands, and consumes a lot of time, organizing your garage can ease the headache one may incur when they need to grab some tools or holiday decorations. There are so many easy fixes out there today that anyone can manage this project. First, assemble a team of people to help you get started. With the help of your dedicated team, use these storage and organization solutions to maximize the garage space.
- Wheels- Putting a workbench or other table on wheels can make it easy to move it out of the way if need be. It helps utilize empty floor space when you need the area for something else. This is a simple improvement with big benefits.
- Wall Mounts- Mounting kayaks, bicycles, or heavy yard tools can save up a lot of floor space. This is a great solution for heavy items that take up a lot of space. Using wall mounts makes it easier to retrieve items when you need them as well.
- Close the Doors- While you’re organizing the garage, make sure the garage doors are closed. You don’t want to advertise the expensive items that you have to everyone in the neighborhood, including potential thieves. Try to work in some privacy.
- Overhead Storage- This is a great way to store items that typically take up a lot of floor space. Many people don’t utilize this space right above them. Purchase a ceiling storage unit for the garage and store items you use only a few times a year.
- Keep it Clean- Once you have organized your garage and properly stored items within it, make sure you maintain the cleanliness and organization. This project is utterly useless if you’re not going to keep up with it.
Use these excellent garage storage tips to maximize your garage space more efficiently. Trust me, it’ll be worth it.